The Trump campaign has sent a scathing letter to Twitter’s leadership after the platform took the unprecedented step of labeling one of its videos “manipulated media,” saying that under the social media giant’s new standard, Joe Biden’s team has uploaded its own “doctored and deceptively edited” video as recently as last week.
“The Biden campaign is scared as hell that voters will see the flood of unedited and embarrassing verbal stumbles that will continue go viral if ‘Status Quo Joe’ is the nominee,” Trump campaign rapid response director Andrew Clark told Fox News. “Twitter shouldn’t be an enforcement arm of Joe Biden’s campaign strategy, but if they choose to police every video clip they must hold his own campaign to the same standard.”
The confrontation began this weekend when Trump communications director Dan Scavino tweeted an edited version of a Biden speech in which the former vice president appears to deliver a muddled and inadvertent endorsement of Trump. Scavino’s clip, which the president later reposted, did not alter any of Biden’s words, but it cut off before the conclusion of Biden’s sentence at a rally in St. Louis. Conservatives called the video an obvious attempt to highlight Biden’s verbal gaffes, and argued that no one would reasonably mistake it for a genuine Biden endorsement.
House Dem’s graphic chicken decapitation ‘horrified’ her college roommates: ‘Blood went everywhere’
What Republicans do, and don’t, want to hear from Trump at State of the Union
Cruz calls Newsom ‘historically illiterate,’ posts clown emoji after governor fires back
Oil-Rich California Relies on Fuel Imported from the Bahamas as Gas Prices Surge
Trump says ‘this is a Democrat shutdown’ as he touts low inflation, falling murder rate
Teen killed after protecting friends in ‘senseless’ shootout as locals raise alarm over rising crime in Bronx
Trump withholds endorsement for Texas Senate GOP primary
Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the Senate despite Schumer, Dem opposition: ‘We will have a vote’
Swalwell’s ‘I should be working’ gym, pool videos resurface as Dem rival hammers his missed House votes
Anderson Cooper announces 60 Minutes departure amid CBS shake-ups
Oregon Could Vote to Ban Hunting and Fishing – Proposed Law Would Classify Both as Cruelty to Animals
Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE Act: ‘They require photo IDs’ at their own DNC
GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter ID bill as Senate fight looms
At least two dead after ‘targeted’ shooting at Rhode Island hockey game
Indiana school secretary charged after husband finds her with student, probe reveals affair with another: cops
“Understandably, the Biden campaign has a strategic interest in intimidating social media companies into suppressing true and embarrassing video evidence of Joe Biden’s continued inability to communicate coherently—a sad truth that has been publicly noted by Democrats and media figures alike,” Trump campaign chief operating officer Michael Glassner wrote in the missive to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, general counsel Vijaya Gadde, and public policy director Carlos Monje.
“Still, it appears that many people employed by Big Tech corporations in Silicon Valley are assisting the Biden campaign by instituting a special ‘Biden protection rule’ that effectively censors and silences legitimate political speech Biden’s campaign and its supporters do not like,” he added in the letter, obtained by Fox News.
Glassner said he was “formally requesting that Twitter apply its new ‘manipulated media’ label to a doctored and deceptively edited video tweeted by the Biden campaign less than a week ago.”
That was a reference to a March 3 video uploaded by the Biden campaign that contains a slew of clips that are taken out of context, and “manipulates audio and video of President Trump in order to mislead Americans and give a false impression,” Glassner wrote.









