A 17-year-old MS-13 gang member will serve 50 years in prison for his involvement in the murder of a 14-year-old girl in Maryland last April.
Josue Fuentes-Ponce pleaded guilty on Oct. 30 to charges of first-degree murder, participating in the crime as part of a criminal gang, and conspiracy to commit murder, according to NBC Washington.
Prosecutors said gang members lured Ariana Funes-Diaz into a tunnel in Riverdale, Md., where they beat her to death with a machete and baseball bat on April 18, the outlet reported.
“These individuals had demonstrated violent criminal behavior before, and because they were released in spite of the lawful detainer, they were afforded an opportunity to take a life.” ICE Baltimore Field Office Director Diane Witte previously said in the statement, according to Fox News.
Investigators say Fuentes-Ponce and three other gang members attack the victim to prevent her from informing police about a robbery they had taken part in a day prior.
‘Illicit’ version of fentanyl linked to deadly New Mexico incident that sickened first responders
High school teacher who allegedly had sex with student in closet now faces charges involving more teens
Military families demand DOJ distribute nearly $800M from French cement company found guilty of bribing ISIS
Children’s YouTube Superstar Announces the Death of His 14-Year-Old Son
Kyle Busch 911 Call Released, Shedding New Light on His Shocking Death
Way harder than it should be: Why Congress may balk on $1.7B compensation fund
Trump announces highest civilian honor for 9/11 hero remembered as the ‘Man in the Red Bandana’
New Jersey Officials Say the Mafia Is Thriving Again as Tech-Savvy Mobsters Take Crime Online
Sheridan Gorman’s parents say protecting children from failed immigration policies isn’t a one-party fight
Police: Men Executed Florida Firefighter for a Pair of Nikes and an iPhone, Gloated About It
Grady Judd puts parents on notice over TikTok teen takeovers: ‘We’re gonna come lock you up too’
NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani releases audit accusing federal immigration agents of misleading tactics
Republicans get ‘aggressive’ in fight to win top cop spots in battleground states
Georgetown Cupcake keg-throwing suspect turned in by his own father after recognizing surveillance footage
Trump ties himself to Giants quarterback Jaxson Dart during New York swing
Fuentes-Ponce reportedly used a machete during the attack that was so violent, police needed to use a tattoo on her right hand to identify her body, according to NBC Washington.
Her family reported her missing before she was found floating in a creek last May — nearly a month after she was killed — the outlet said.
Co-defendant Joel Escobar pleaded guilty in November and is scheduled to be sentenced on February 26. A separate trial is scheduled for co-defendant Edwin Rios, 19 in April. The attorney for Feuntes-Ponce asked for leniency, according to the Washington Post, and said at the time of the incident, he had a cognitive level of a 9-year-old.
The charges against the final member, a 14-year-old girl, were handled in juvenile court, the outlet said.
Story cited here.









