The seven-time felon, five-time deported illegal alien acquitted for 32-year-old Kate Steinle’s murder in 2017 will not stand trial on federal gun charges after a California court has deemed him mentally ill.
Following Steinle’s 2015 killing on a pier in San Francisco, illegal alien Jose Garcia Zarate was charged with her murder after being caught on surveillance footage running from the shooting. After his arrest, Zarate admitted to shooting and killing Steinle, who was walking on the pier at the time with her father, saying he chose San Francisco because it was a sanctuary city that shields criminal illegal aliens from arrest and deportation by federal immigration officials.
Now, after his acquittal of Steinle’s murder, Zarate is facing federal criminal charges for illegal possession of a firearm. Zarate has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Records from last week reveal that a California court is declaring Zarate mentally ill and thus unable to stand trial for the charges, as FOX 5 San Diego reported:
A Pastor Preached John 3:16: The Government Called It a Crime
Dem Senate Candidate Graham Platner Once Delighted in Clip of Purple Heart Veteran Being Shot and Almost Killed
Legal expert unleashes on Spanberger’s new executive order targeting ICE: ‘Political theater’
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran
First, the Strait of Hormuz — what choke point could be next?
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Illegal immigrant truck driver from India arrested in deadly California hit-and-run after Biden release
Texas man arrested after allegedly driving Tesla Cybertruck into lake to test ‘Wade Mode’: police
Vanessa Trump Reveals Scary ‘Personal Health Update’
Trump owns the GOP. Could Republicans pay the price in the midterms?
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Woman Pleads Guilty to Murder of Girl, 2, After Police Find Grisly Box Hidden in Back of Closet
A court evaluator concluded Jose Ines Garcia Zarate is not competent to stand trial on federal gun charges “because of a mental illness that is not presently being treated,” according to a court document from the US District Court in California. [Emphasis added]
…
“If neither side disputes the evaluator’s conclusion, the Court wishes to explore … what efforts should be made locally to restore the defendant to competency through proper medication, as opposed to sending the defendant to a federal facility outside California,” according to court documents dated February 14. [Emphasis added]
The defense and prosecution are set to meet this week to discuss the matter.
Illegal aliens facing trial, as Breitbart News has chronicled, increasingly have used the defense of being insane, mentally ill, and mentally disabled to escape maximum sentences for murder.
A Pastor Preached John 3:16: The Government Called It a Crime
Dem Senate Candidate Graham Platner Once Delighted in Clip of Purple Heart Veteran Being Shot and Almost Killed
Legal expert unleashes on Spanberger’s new executive order targeting ICE: ‘Political theater’
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran
First, the Strait of Hormuz — what choke point could be next?
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Illegal immigrant truck driver from India arrested in deadly California hit-and-run after Biden release
Texas man arrested after allegedly driving Tesla Cybertruck into lake to test ‘Wade Mode’: police
Vanessa Trump Reveals Scary ‘Personal Health Update’
Trump owns the GOP. Could Republicans pay the price in the midterms?
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Woman Pleads Guilty to Murder of Girl, 2, After Police Find Grisly Box Hidden in Back of Closet
In the case of illegal alien Wilbur Ernesto Martinez-Guzman — accused of murdering four Americans in Reno, Nevada — the defense is expected to claim that Martinez-Guzman is “mentally disabled” to avoid the death penalty if he is convicted.
Likewise, the 34-year-old illegal alien Apolinar Altamirano, an alleged self-proclaimed member of the Sinaloa Cartel, accused of murdering 21-year-old gas station clerk Grant Ronnenbeck in cold blood in January 2015, will not be eligible for the death penalty after he successfully got himself declared “intellectually disabled.”
Story cited here.









