News Opinons Politics

Hillary Defends Convicted Sex Offender Weinstein’s Contributions to Her 2016 Campaign

Former failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked about convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein’s contributions to her 2016 campaign as she attended the Berlin Film Festival to see a documentary about her life.

“The jury’s verdict [in the Weinstein trial] really speaks for itself,” Clinton said at the screening of Hillary on Tuesday.

Deadline reported on Clinton’s response to questions about her 2016 presidential bid, Weinstein, and the current crop of Democrat contenders:


Asked whether Weinstein’s donations to her presidential campaign meant that there could be more scrutiny placed on the sources of those donations in the future, Clinton pointed out that Weinstein had also donated to the Obama, Kerry and Gore campaigns, and insisted that “I don’t know if that should chill anyone else from contributing to political campaigns, but it should end the kind of behavior that he was convicted for.”


Trump DOJ accuses Obama judge of ‘Monday-morning quarterbacking’ in bid to revive Abrego Garcia case
Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass
Man calls 911 after girlfriend found dead in motel, police allegedly uncover disturbing videos on his phone
Newly Released COVID Email Shows FDA Head Warning Fauci of Vax Side Effects, Then Eerie 4-Word Response from the Disgraced COVID Chief
Illegal immigrant learns fate after using stolen identity to vote in US elections for decades
Watch: Mom, Daughter Threatened with Ejection Over Pro-Girl Shirts, Despite Paying $2k for Tickets Just to Support Sophie Cunningham
LA gun owners stuck waiting years for concealed carry permits score major DOJ victory
Watch: In Just 30 Seconds Bill Maher Uses Actual History to Defeat One of Palestinians’ Dirtiest Gaza Lies
Mamdani’s New York: Man Charged with Hate Crime After Randomly Attacking Jewish Woman, 63, at Synagogue
Harvard, NYU among 30 universities hit with Pentagon foreign-tie audit deadline
Exclusive: Texas Lawmaker Says Talarico ‘Most Liberal’ in State History Amid Speculation He Fabricated Intern Story: He ‘Relies on Dishonesty’
Declassified FBI docs reveal Swalwell had sex with ‘Fang Fang’ multiple times
Babysitter accused of kidnapping two young sisters was previously charged with abducting newborn
El-Sayed aide likens GOP opponent’s campaign to ‘KKK cross burning’ over video with Ford pickup
Did James Talarico Fabricate a Fantasy About Being Mistaken for an Intern? You Be the Judge

Quizzed on who she was backing to be the next president of the United States, Clinton said her priority was to “retire Donald Trump” and that she would “wait and see who we [the Democrats] nominate,” and would support whoever does eventually take on Trump.

Clinton praised Nanette Burstein, who directed the documentary, which made its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

“I’m really amazed at how they took all this material and turned it into a compelling film,” Clinton said. “It’s not just about my life, it’s about the arc of women’s lives, about our politics, about all the challenges that any person faces in a lifetime. I am grateful that I have had the life that I have had.”

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter