New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced on Monday that Rick Cotton, head of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, has tested positive for COVID-19, and will be working from home. He said that Cotton’s staff will also undergo testing.
Cuomo himself said he has not been tested, but that he could’ve had contact with Cotton at some point.
“You want to prioritize who you test because you’re looking for the positive,” Cuomo said. “I am not a probably positive — you are looking to test the probable positive.”
Blue state mayor arrested for fraud sparks uproar for not speaking English in viral clip: ‘How is this real’
Socialists accused of ‘motor mouth’ rhetoric as longtime Dem strategist unloads on far-left candidate
Sammy ‘The Bull’ Gravano recounts turning on John Gotti
Tragedy Deepens as Hayden Panettiere Dad’s Friends Reveal He Was Only Just Beginning to Recover from Losing Son
Cop Fired After Allegedly Using Flock Cameras to Stalk Former Boyfriend – She Abused System 166 Times
Andy Burnham insists ‘zero consequence’ from falling for Susie Wiles impersonator as ministers’ phone numbers appear online
Appeals court upholds limits on warrantless ICE arrests at churches
Antisemitism fight explodes in Florida as voters head to the polls: ‘Political pogrom’
Lindsay Clancy’s family was ‘very concerned’ about her mental health in the months before she killed her kids
White House tears into Ossoff with brutal takedown after jab at key Trump aide: ‘Lightweight loser’
WNBA Forced to Issue Another Humiliating Response After Mom, Daughter Made to Cover Pro-Girl Shirts Opposing Trans Players in Women’s Sports
ICE Nabs Twice-Deported, Previously Convicted Drug Trafficker with 126 Kilos of Meth in Georgia
Iran fails to strike deal with US as deadline passes and Trump calls for ‘white flag of surrender’
Democrat Party’s civil war heads to Florida, Alaska and Wyoming and more top headlines
[4] Massachusetts Mayor Charged in Alleged $1.5 Million Pandemic-Era Loan Fraud And Money Laundering Scheme
Cuomo made the announcement after unveiling New York state-made hand sanitizer and cleaning solution which he said was stronger than those currently available on the market. The sanitizer is being produced by Corcraft, which is run by the Divison of Correctional Industries. An official said inmates at Great Meadow Correctional Facility were producing the product.
We’re hearing from local governments that acquiring hand sanitizer has been a real problem.
NYS will immediately begin producing hand sanitizer ourselves — 100,000 gallons per week. We'll provide it to government agencies, schools, the MTA, prisons, & others. #COVID19
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 9, 2020
Cuomo also said the number of COVID-19 cases in the state had risen to 142, surpassing the number of confirmed illnesses in Washington state. The majority of cases have occurred in Westchester county where several schools have closed in an effort to stifle the outbreak.
Officials said they were working on a decision regarding closing public schools in accordance with CDC guidance to prevent further spread of the outbreak.
Story cited here.









