News Opinons Politics

Donald Trump Blames Barack Obama for Helping Fund Iran Missile Attacks

President Donald Trump blamed his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, on Wednesday for funding the missiles Iran launched against the United States.

“The missiles fired last night at us and our allies were paid for with the funds made available by the last administration,” Trump said, referring to the $150 billion returned to the Tehran regime under Obama as part of the Iran nuclear deal.

Iran launched more than a dozen military missiles on Tuesday, targeting American bases in Iraq as a military response to Trump’s decision to kill Iranian Quds force commander Qasem Soleimani last week.


Trump said that Iran’s hostilities in the Middle East only increased after Obama’s “foolish” 2013 nuclear deal, noting that Iran used the funds to back a campaign of terror around the world.

“Iran went on a terror spree, funded by the money from the deal, and created hell in Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Iraq,” he said.

In 2016, then-Secretary of State John Kerry acknowledged that some of the billions returned to Iran could end up being used for terrorist activities.


WATCH: Young bear takes rough tumble from Denver tree after wildlife officers tranquilize it
The Green New Deal Is Back: Its Next Target – AI
American Airlines flight lands safely after laptop battery catches fire on board; passenger injured
Jury Slaps Down Burglar’s $10M Suit Against Urine-Tossing Business Owner Who Shot Him
El-Sayed under fire online after taking aim at Usha Vance, female Trump aide in weekend social media posts
Karoline Leavitt reveals next role after leaving White House press secretary post
Alaska Republicans scramble to educate voters on suspected Dem plant as ‘ballot fatigue’ threatens race
Virginia Dem admits system ‘failure’ after illegal immigrant accused in landlord killing escapes to Tajikistan
Ford Adds Thousands of Jobs in United States as Move Away from China Continues
NYC taxpayers could pay twice under Mamdani’s city-owned grocery store plan
Report: Meghan and Harry’s Brazen Attempts – and Embarrassing Rejections – at Becoming US Political Operators
Nevada brush fire spreads to 10,500 acres as governor declares state of emergency
Christian Club Files Lawsuit After School District Blocks Volunteer Mentors
White House revs up ‘iconic’ Freedom 250 race as IndyCars prepare to unleash American muscle on DC streets
African Witchcraft, Blackmail, and American Boys: How Nigerians 6,000 Miles Away Are Killing US Teens

“I think that some of it will end up in the hands of the IRGC or other entities, some of which are labeled terrorists,” he said in a CNBC interview in January 2016. “You know, to some degree, I’m not going to sit here and tell you that every component of that can be prevented.”

See also  Appeals court upholds limits on warrantless ICE arrests at churches

In his speech Wednesday, Trump criticized “all nations” for allowing Iran to continue its damaging acts of terrorism around the world since 1979.

“Iran has been the leading sponsor of terrorism, and their pursuit of nuclear weapons threatens the civilized world,” Trump said. “We will never let that happen.”

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter