California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a statewide order for all of the state’s residents to “stay at home” during the coronavirus pandemic.
“We need to bend the curve in the state of California,” Newsom said in an announcement. “There’s a social contract here. People I think recognize the need to do more. They will adjust and adapt as they have.”
“Home isolation is not my preferred choice … but it is a necessary one,” Newsom added. “This is not a permanent state; it is a moment in time.”
In accordance with the new “stay at home” measure, dine-in restaurants, bars, clubs, gyms, and fitness studios will be closed. Public events and gatherings of people are also not permitted.
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
WATCH: Father of three outraged over advice his family received amid trans teacher fight
Charles Manson’s granddaughter reveals moment she discovered dark family secret: ‘It was devastating’
Dem Senate hopeful racked up hundreds of missed votes during stops at multiple taxpayer serving jobs
New York Times Ordered to Pay College Basketball Player $9.25 Million for Defamation
College Costs Surge 10% Higher Than Last Year, New Report Shows
A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?
Scharf edge for the Trump administration
Skip the summer’s woke dinosaur movie, ‘The End of Oak Street’
Senator launches assault on illegal immigration gaps as GOP races midterm clock to lock in key wins
EXCLUSIVE: 5-time illegal entrant admits ‘mistake’ that finally got him busted by ICE
Making a major announcement. Tune in now. https://t.co/Yjet7ojZqf
— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) March 20, 2020
Earlier Thursday, it was revealed California estimated that more than half of the state, which includes 25.5 million people, will contract the coronavirus throughout the next eight weeks, according to a letter sent by Newsom to President Donald Trump.
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
WATCH: Father of three outraged over advice his family received amid trans teacher fight
Charles Manson’s granddaughter reveals moment she discovered dark family secret: ‘It was devastating’
Dem Senate hopeful racked up hundreds of missed votes during stops at multiple taxpayer serving jobs
New York Times Ordered to Pay College Basketball Player $9.25 Million for Defamation
College Costs Surge 10% Higher Than Last Year, New Report Shows
A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?
Scharf edge for the Trump administration
Skip the summer’s woke dinosaur movie, ‘The End of Oak Street’
Senator launches assault on illegal immigration gaps as GOP races midterm clock to lock in key wins
EXCLUSIVE: 5-time illegal entrant admits ‘mistake’ that finally got him busted by ICE
“In the last 24 hours, we had 126 new COVID-19 cases, a 21 percent increase. In some parts of our state, our case rate is doubling every four days,” Newsom wrote in the letter. Newsom also requested that Trump dispatch the USNS Mercy hospital ship to the Port of Los Angeles through September 1, 2020, to assist with expected cases.
#BREAKING @GavinNewsom says California has 10 million N95 masks in emergency storage. Will be distributing them. #coronavirus
— Elex Michaelson (@Elex_Michaelson) March 20, 2020
Story cited here.









