Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) declared a “state of emergency” Wednesday, putting in place a temporary prohibition of exercising Second Amendment rights on Capitol grounds.
This means citizens coming to the January 20, 2020, pro-Second Amendment rally in Richmond will have to disarm before taking part in the event.
On January 14, 2020, the Associated Press received a tip that Northam was going to declare a ban on firearms prior to the pro-Second Amendment rally. The AP noted that “Democrat leaders … [had already] used a special rules committee to ban guns inside the Capitol and a legislative office building,” and Northam was going to expand the ban by adding the grounds as well.
The upcoming pro-Second Amendment rally is planned by the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL).
VCDL’s Philip Van Cleave told CNN his group has been coming to the state Capitol every January 20th since 2003 without incident. But Northam suggested guns needed to be banned this year. And not only guns but “sticks and bats” too.
Wall Street banks helped Chinese military-linked firm raise billions despite red flags, lawmakers find
Republicans recoil as Trump’s billion-dollar DOJ ‘slush fund’ for allies threatens ICE, Border Patrol plan
Manhunt underway after woman allegedly assaulted inside Harvard dorm, suspect spotted at MIT: officials
Fox News ‘Antisemitism Exposed’ Newsletter: Mamdani snubs the Jews again
‘A Day I Hoped Would Not Come’: Susie Wiles Laments as Key Official Exits White House
Netanyahu’s ‘Hair Was on Fire’ After Clashing with Trump in ‘Difficult’ Call on Latest Iran Proposal: Report
A Pastor Preached John 3:16: The Government Called It a Crime
Dem Senate Candidate Graham Platner Once Delighted in Clip of Purple Heart Veteran Being Shot and Almost Killed
Legal expert unleashes on Spanberger’s new executive order targeting ICE: ‘Political theater’
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran
First, the Strait of Hormuz — what choke point could be next?
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Northam alluded to “threats and violent rhetoric” reminiscent of “Charlottesville,” but he did not provide details on the threats or the rhetoric.
Michael Bloomberg-funded Moms Demand Action took a similar approach, claiming those in support of Second Amendment sanctuaries are the “extremists” who “threaten the safety of communities nationwide by fostering distrust in law enforcement and may deter people from reporting individuals that may hurt themselves or others.”
Story cited here.









