News

Trump suspends all travel from Europe to US


The Trump administration will suspend travel from European countries to the United States for 30 days as the fast-spreading coronavirus continues to grow.

Trump said during a rare Oval Office address on Wednesday that the travel restriction will last at least 30 days. Trump said the ban will not apply to travel to and from the United Kingdom.

Trump said that exceptions will be made for Americans who undergo proper screening.


As the coronavirus continues to spread worldwide, the U.S. and many other nations have enacted tough measures to contain the illness, including barring foreign visitors from countries ravaged by the outbreak.

The Trump administration so far has barred travelers from mainland China, where the virus originated last December, and Iran, which also has seen a spike in infections, from entering the United States.

The restrictions covered any foreign nationals who visited those countries within the past 14 days.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

See also  Karine Jean-Pierre Grilled As Gas Prices Start To Surge Again: ‘It’s A Lot More Nuanced Than That’
→ What are your thoughts? ←
Scroll down to leave a comment: