News Opinons Politics

Trump Keeps Promise To Defend Border, Now Deploying US Troops in Anticipation of Surge of Illegals

President Donald Trump must be thinking of the immortal words of Scarface, “You want to play games? Okay, I play with you.”

In response to the almost always liberal-leaning Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision to halt the administration’s Migrant Protection Protocols — also known as “Remain in Mexico” — starting on March 12, the president has sent a message.

Say hello to his little friends. And by little friends, I mean the United States military members being sent to the border to help secure it from the flood of migrants the administration now expects.


According to The Daily Caller, in a conference call with reporters on Friday, senior officials with Customs and Border Protection said that they feared an influx of migrants at the border in light of the ruling.


FBI asked ‘Sammy the Bull’ if ex-Gambino mob prosecutor Comey knew meaning of ’86’: court filing
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
New Reagan Movie Hits Theaters, Earns Big Thumbs Up from Audiences
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Teacher who battled union fears she’s being targeted after shirt complaint: ‘I’m afraid’
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
America Has A Man Problem: When They Leave The Workforce, We All Pay The Price
WATCH: Father of three outraged over advice his family received amid trans teacher fight
Charles Manson’s granddaughter reveals moment she discovered dark family secret: ‘It was devastating’
Dem Senate hopeful racked up hundreds of missed votes during stops at multiple taxpayer serving jobs
New York Times Ordered to Pay College Basketball Player $9.25 Million for Defamation
College Costs Surge 10% Higher Than Last Year, New Report Shows 
A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?

See also  Appeals court upholds limits on warrantless ICE arrests at churches

They also said that with the fear of coronavirus, they are concerned that carriers could come across the border and spread the disease.

“As demonstrated last Friday, following the 9th Circuit’s [Migrant Protection Protocol] ruling announcement, the balancing between facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel while upholding our national border security mission and the safety of the public and our personnel is delicate,” one senior official said.

“CBP ports of entry are not designed or equipped to handle extremely large groups of travelers arriving at the same time, and temporary closure of a [port of entry] is contemplated as an extreme option as necessary for public safety and border security,” they said.

The “Remain in Mexico” policy, which was started in January 2019, has been an effective means of mitigating illegal border crossings.

But liberal groups, as they usually do, could not leave well enough alone and continue an orderly process.

If they were really concerned about legitimate asylum cases, why would they have an issue with applicants staying in Mexico while their court cases play out?


FBI asked ‘Sammy the Bull’ if ex-Gambino mob prosecutor Comey knew meaning of ’86’: court filing
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
New Reagan Movie Hits Theaters, Earns Big Thumbs Up from Audiences
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Teacher who battled union fears she’s being targeted after shirt complaint: ‘I’m afraid’
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
America Has A Man Problem: When They Leave The Workforce, We All Pay The Price
WATCH: Father of three outraged over advice his family received amid trans teacher fight
Charles Manson’s granddaughter reveals moment she discovered dark family secret: ‘It was devastating’
Dem Senate hopeful racked up hundreds of missed votes during stops at multiple taxpayer serving jobs
New York Times Ordered to Pay College Basketball Player $9.25 Million for Defamation
College Costs Surge 10% Higher Than Last Year, New Report Shows 
A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?

The program has seen tens of thousands of migrants sent to Mexico during the adjudication of their cases, the Caller reported.

See also  US threatens Belgian university over suspension of academic who exposed Jason Arday fraud

This effectively ended the policy of “catch and release” in which migrants were given a court date and released into the United States, some of them never to be seen again.

When the appeals court blocked the MPP on Feb. 28, migrants began to rush the border and officials had to shut it down.

The court put the ruling on hold, but then decided to block the program in California and Arizona starting on March 12.

On Friday, the administration filed an emergency petition with the Supreme Court asking to keep the policy in place pending appeal, but if the court does not weigh in before March 12, all hell could break loose on the border.


FBI asked ‘Sammy the Bull’ if ex-Gambino mob prosecutor Comey knew meaning of ’86’: court filing
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
New Reagan Movie Hits Theaters, Earns Big Thumbs Up from Audiences
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Teacher who battled union fears she’s being targeted after shirt complaint: ‘I’m afraid’
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
America Has A Man Problem: When They Leave The Workforce, We All Pay The Price
WATCH: Father of three outraged over advice his family received amid trans teacher fight
Charles Manson’s granddaughter reveals moment she discovered dark family secret: ‘It was devastating’
Dem Senate hopeful racked up hundreds of missed votes during stops at multiple taxpayer serving jobs
New York Times Ordered to Pay College Basketball Player $9.25 Million for Defamation
College Costs Surge 10% Higher Than Last Year, New Report Shows 
A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?

See also  A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?

“Based on the pending [Migrant Protection Protocol] decision, continued concerns of large groups attempting to enter through [ports of entry], and COVID-19 containment and mitigation concerns, CBP has activated the crisis response force,” the CBP official said.

Around 160 active-duty personnel will be sent to the border, with 80 going to the Paso del Norte port of entry in Texas and 80 going to the San Ysidro port of entry in California.

The force will not engage in immigration enforcement and will be active at the border for two weeks beginning no later than Saturday.

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter