An Immigration and Customs Enforcement pilot of new rapid DNA testing at the border has found that nearly a third of those tested were not biologically related to the children in their custody.
ICE conducted the pilot for a few days earlier this month in El Paso and McAllen, Texas, finding about 30 per cent of those tested were not related to the children they claimed were their own, an official told the Washington Examiner.
The official said that these were not cases of step-fathers or adoptive parents.
‘Those were not the case. In these cases, they are misrepresented as family members,’ the official said.
It is unclear whether every family unit was tested during the pilot, or only those who raised some sort of red flag. An ICE spokesman did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Judge denies Karmelo Anthony new-trial bid after ex-lawyers detail dispute that kept him from testifying
Federal judge blasts Rubio’s 75-country visa freeze as ‘Orwellian,’ strikes down policy
Nashville hospital medication error leaves at least 1 patient paralyzed after routine surgery, 3 others hurt
Kalshi and prediction markets experience explosive growth, but also new legal challenges
FBI asked ‘Sammy the Bull’ if ex-Gambino mob prosecutor Comey knew meaning of ’86’: court filing
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
New Reagan Movie Hits Theaters, Earns Big Thumbs Up from Audiences
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Teacher who battled union fears she’s being targeted after shirt complaint: ‘I’m afraid’
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
America Has A Man Problem: When They Leave The Workforce, We All Pay The Price
Turning Point USA to Return to the Scene of Charlie Kirk’s Assassination on Anniversary
Pastor Who Spent Months in Korean Prison Meets Trump at White House
The official said that some migrants did refuse the test and admit that they were not related to the children they were with, when they learned their claim would be subjected to DNA proof.
ICE said the Department of Homeland Security would look at the results of the pilot to determine whether to roll out rapid DNA tests more broadly.
After President Donald Trump’s administration backpedaled on ‘family separation’ in the face of enormous backlash last summer, the number of family units arriving at the southern border has skyrocketed.
Current U.S. law and policy means that Central Americans who cross the border illegally with children can claim asylum and avoid any lengthy detention in most cases.
US Border Patrol says it has apprehended 535,000 for crossing the border illegally so far this year, with ‘no sign of it getting better.’
Due to massive strain on the processing system, 40,000 of those have been released into communities, the agency said.
On Saturday, the Trump administration told lawmakers that it probably will cost more to care for migrants crossing into the United States from Mexico than the $2.9 billion in emergency money requested just two weeks ago.
Judge denies Karmelo Anthony new-trial bid after ex-lawyers detail dispute that kept him from testifying
Federal judge blasts Rubio’s 75-country visa freeze as ‘Orwellian,’ strikes down policy
Nashville hospital medication error leaves at least 1 patient paralyzed after routine surgery, 3 others hurt
Kalshi and prediction markets experience explosive growth, but also new legal challenges
FBI asked ‘Sammy the Bull’ if ex-Gambino mob prosecutor Comey knew meaning of ’86’: court filing
The Will of 100: Trump’s SAVE America Act sidelined after Senate unanimously agreed to August exit
New Reagan Movie Hits Theaters, Earns Big Thumbs Up from Audiences
Watch: Emotional Kurt Busch Reveals His Final Words with His Brother Kyle
USPS publishes rule to block mail-in ballots from states that don’t provide voter lists
Karmelo Anthony’s Legal Team Smears Austin Metcalf in Desperate Attempt to Overturn Conviction
Teacher who battled union fears she’s being targeted after shirt complaint: ‘I’m afraid’
Tupac Shakur murder trial’s first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties
America Has A Man Problem: When They Leave The Workforce, We All Pay The Price
Turning Point USA to Return to the Scene of Charlie Kirk’s Assassination on Anniversary
Pastor Who Spent Months in Korean Prison Meets Trump at White House
In a White House letter, acting budget chief Russell Vought said ‘the situation has continued to deteriorate and is exceeding previous high end estimates.’
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said in a separate letter that needs for the unaccompanied children account ‘could grow further and be closer to the worst-case scenario HHS had proposed be the basis for the supplemental request, which was $1.4 billion higher.’
Story cited here.









