News Opinons Politics

Public Enemy’s Flavor Flav Sends Cease and Desist Letter to Bernie Sanders

This week in hip hop beef, Flavor Flav has taken issue with Bernie Sanders’ use of his likeness and Public Enemy’s name for his campaign.

The Public Enemy co-creator sent a cease and desist letter via lawyers to Sanders. Flav’s bandmate and Public Enemy co-creator Chuck D has publicly endorsed Sanders for the Democratic nominee for president and plans to perform at a rally for the senator in Los Angeles.

In his letter, Flav’s lawyers note that neither he nor the iconic group have not endorsed any candidate.


“While Chuck is certainly free to express his political views as he sees fit — his voice alone does not speak for Public Enemy,” Flav’s lawyers wrote. “The planned performance will only be Chuck D of Public Enemy, it will not be a performance by Public Enemy… To be clear, Flav and, by extension, the Hall of Fame hip hop act Public Enemy with which his likeness and name have become synonymous has not endorsed any political candidate in this election cycle and any suggestion to the contrary is plainly untrue.”


DOJ opens new pathway to restore federal gun rights for certain barred individuals
US military bases are ‘ill-equipped’ to stop drone swarms, top commander reveals after Rubio’s UAP warning
Ibram Kendi Says Black Academic Who Plagiarized Work, Fabricated Life Story to Get Cambridge Position Was ‘Lynched’ By Media Because It Told the Truth
WJ Straw Poll: Rubio Widens His Lead in This Week’s Survey, But Can He Hold It?
Trump blames ‘VANDALS’ for damaging National Mall grass after World War II Memorial graffiti
Tupac Shakur murder trial kicks off as Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis faces jury nearly three decades after shooting
Texas Man Kills Alleged Intruder in Shootout – Police Say Suspect Had a Protective Order Filed Against Him
Cops Address Foul Play Questions After Actress Hayden Panettiere Found Dead at Age 36
US awards Raytheon $22.9B Tomahawk deal as Trump dismisses weapons stockpile concerns
Actress Hayden Panettiere dies suddenly at age 36 and more top headlines
CEO says doing business in state ‘sucks’ as company heads to Texas amid California exodus
Far-left politicians still using ActBlue as 88-year-old disputes donating nearly $150,000 to fundraising giant
As Pelosi’s exit nears, San Francisco Democratic candidates fight over what comes next
Russell Fry endorses ex-rival Darline Graham after failing to advance to special GOP US Senate primary runoff
Homeland Security investigated Minnesota labor unions as part of ‘terrorist financing’ probe in anti-ICE antifa case: Court documents

Sanders’ campaign announced a March 1 stop in Los Angeles last week with a poster using the title of Public Enemy’s famed song “Fight the Power” as a call to action for his campaign. The poster also said the rally, to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, will be Bernie Sanders and Public Enemy.

“It is unfortunate that a political campaign would be so careless with the artistic integrity of such an iconoclastic figures in American culture,” the letter reads. “Sanders claims to represent everyman not the man yet his grossly irresponsible handling of Chuck’s endorsement threatens to divide Public Enemy and, in doing so, forever silence one of the nation’s loudest and most enduring voices for social change.

“Perhaps Sanders didn’t intend to sow these irreconcilable differences but, by and through his disregard for the truth, he has nonetheless.”

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter