Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Wednesday decried President Donald Trump’s appointment of Vice President Mike Pence to lead the administration’s effort to combat the potential spread of deadly Chinese coronavirus in the United States, claiming he is unqualified for the role.
“Mike Pence literally does not believe in science. It is utterly irresponsible to put him in charge of US coronavirus response as the world sits on the cusp of a pandemic,” the New York Democrat wrote on social media. “This decision could cost people their lives. Pence’s past decisions already have.”
Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass
Man calls 911 after girlfriend found dead in motel, police allegedly uncover disturbing videos on his phone
Newly Released COVID Email Shows FDA Head Warning Fauci of Vax Side Effects, Then Eerie 4-Word Response from the Disgraced COVID Chief
Illegal immigrant learns fate after using stolen identity to vote in US elections for decades
Watch: Mom, Daughter Threatened with Ejection Over Pro-Girl Shirts, Despite Paying $2k for Tickets Just to Support Sophie Cunningham
LA gun owners stuck waiting years for concealed carry permits score major DOJ victory
Watch: In Just 30 Seconds Bill Maher Uses Actual History to Defeat One of Palestinians’ Dirtiest Gaza Lies
Mamdani’s New York: Man Charged with Hate Crime After Randomly Attacking Jewish Woman, 63, at Synagogue
Harvard, NYU among 30 universities hit with Pentagon foreign-tie audit deadline
Declassified FBI docs reveal Swalwell had sex with ‘Fang Fang’ multiple times
Babysitter accused of kidnapping two young sisters was previously charged with abducting newborn
Luigi Mangione’s New York murder trial adjourned until December over double jeopardy concerns
Trump meets teen lifeguard and boy saved in viral ocean rescue at Oval Office
Hasan Piker Says Candace Owens ‘Single-Handedly’ Protected Left-Wing Extremism with Charlie Kirk Theories: ‘I Am a Fan’
Trump gutted South Korea military drills due to lack of help against Iran
As governor, Pence’s science denial contributed to one of the worst HIV outbreaks in Indiana’s history.
He is not a medical doctor. He is not a health expert. He is not qualified nor positioned in any way to protect our public health.
https://t.co/1jVY44p2HF— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) February 27, 2020
Ocasio-Cortez then shared an article in which Pence is accused of enabling an HIV outbreak in Indiana under his governorship, writing: “As governor, Pence’s science denial contributed to one of the worst HIV outbreaks in Indiana’s history.”
“As governor, Pence’s science denial contributed to one of the worst HIV outbreaks in Indiana’s history,” she added. “He is not a medical doctor. He is not a health expert. He is not qualified nor positioned in any way to protect our public health.”
President Trump announced hours before Ocasio-Cortez’s comments that Pence will lead the U.S.’s response to the virus. During the press briefing, the president said the illness’s spread is not inevitable and that citizens that have been diagnosed with it are doing “very well.”
“Of the 15 people… eight of them have returned to their homes, to stay at their homes until they’re fully recovered. One is in the hospital, five have fully recovered and one we think is in pretty good shape,” he said. “In almost all cases, they’re getting better.”
President Trump also confirmed the U.S. has ordered additional masks to fight the spread of the disease and warned businesses against price gauging on protective products. He then expressed optimism about a bipartisan congressional effort to secure funding to fight the illness after requesting $2.5 billion on Monday.
Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass
Man calls 911 after girlfriend found dead in motel, police allegedly uncover disturbing videos on his phone
Newly Released COVID Email Shows FDA Head Warning Fauci of Vax Side Effects, Then Eerie 4-Word Response from the Disgraced COVID Chief
Illegal immigrant learns fate after using stolen identity to vote in US elections for decades
Watch: Mom, Daughter Threatened with Ejection Over Pro-Girl Shirts, Despite Paying $2k for Tickets Just to Support Sophie Cunningham
LA gun owners stuck waiting years for concealed carry permits score major DOJ victory
Watch: In Just 30 Seconds Bill Maher Uses Actual History to Defeat One of Palestinians’ Dirtiest Gaza Lies
Mamdani’s New York: Man Charged with Hate Crime After Randomly Attacking Jewish Woman, 63, at Synagogue
Harvard, NYU among 30 universities hit with Pentagon foreign-tie audit deadline
Declassified FBI docs reveal Swalwell had sex with ‘Fang Fang’ multiple times
Babysitter accused of kidnapping two young sisters was previously charged with abducting newborn
Luigi Mangione’s New York murder trial adjourned until December over double jeopardy concerns
Trump meets teen lifeguard and boy saved in viral ocean rescue at Oval Office
Hasan Piker Says Candace Owens ‘Single-Handedly’ Protected Left-Wing Extremism with Charlie Kirk Theories: ‘I Am a Fan’
Trump gutted South Korea military drills due to lack of help against Iran
“We started out by looking at certain things, we’ve been working with the Hill very, very carefully, very strongly and I think that we have very good bipartisan spirt for money,” he stated. “We were asking for $2.5 billion and we think that is a lot. But the Democrats — and I guess Senator Schumer — want us to have more than that.”
To date, the U.S. has nearly 60 confirmed cases, which includes the 42 Americans repatriated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan earlier this month.
Story cited here.









