A judge in Chicago ordered that “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s criminal records be unsealed after news organizations went to court to get them last week.
The records involving the 36-year-old actor had been sealed back in March shortly after charges against him were dropped by prosecutors, according to ABC7 Chicago on Thursday.
He was arrested and faced multiple felony charges for allegedly faking a hate crime that involved racist and homophobic slurs against himself in January.
Media attorney Natalie Spears argued that there was no point in keeping the records sealed anymore.
A Pastor Preached John 3:16: The Government Called It a Crime
Dem Senate Candidate Graham Platner Once Delighted in Clip of Purple Heart Veteran Being Shot and Almost Killed
Legal expert unleashes on Spanberger’s new executive order targeting ICE: ‘Political theater’
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran
First, the Strait of Hormuz — what choke point could be next?
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Illegal immigrant truck driver from India arrested in deadly California hit-and-run after Biden release
Texas man arrested after allegedly driving Tesla Cybertruck into lake to test ‘Wade Mode’: police
Vanessa Trump Reveals Scary ‘Personal Health Update’
Trump owns the GOP. Could Republicans pay the price in the midterms?
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Woman Pleads Guilty to Murder of Girl, 2, After Police Find Grisly Box Hidden in Back of Closet
“There is no way to secrete the fact of Jussie Smollett’s arrest. At this point it is widely and publicly known from here to Helsinki and back,” Spears shared, per the Chicago Tribune. “No potential employer, let alone anyone with a pulse, does not know about Jussie Smollett’s arrest at this point.”
Meanwhile, one of Smollett’s attorney, Brian Watson, argued that the actor had a right to privacy afforded to other people.
“The root of this problem is not Mr. Smollett,” Watson shared. “The root of this problem is that the media, Mrs. Spears’ clients, created publicity, and now her clients want to use that against someone who wants to get their rights back.”
As previously reported, the actor initially claimed he was attacked on the streets of his home in Chicago by two men who he said threw a rope around his neck and poured a bleach-like substance on him. They also reportedly yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him.
A Pastor Preached John 3:16: The Government Called It a Crime
Dem Senate Candidate Graham Platner Once Delighted in Clip of Purple Heart Veteran Being Shot and Almost Killed
Legal expert unleashes on Spanberger’s new executive order targeting ICE: ‘Political theater’
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran
First, the Strait of Hormuz — what choke point could be next?
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Illegal immigrant truck driver from India arrested in deadly California hit-and-run after Biden release
Texas man arrested after allegedly driving Tesla Cybertruck into lake to test ‘Wade Mode’: police
Vanessa Trump Reveals Scary ‘Personal Health Update’
Trump owns the GOP. Could Republicans pay the price in the midterms?
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Woman Pleads Guilty to Murder of Girl, 2, After Police Find Grisly Box Hidden in Back of Closet
However, by the end of the investigation police concluded the attack on the “Empire” star was a hoax. Soon after, he was arrested and faced 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for making a false police report.
Then all charges against him were suddenly dropped by the State Attorney’s office.
The records are expected to be unsealed Thursday.









