Harvey Weinstein, the movie mogul accused of sex crimes by multiple women, has reached a tentative $44 million settlement to resolve lawsuits against him with his accusers, creditors and board members of his former film studio, according to multiple reports Thursday night.
Under the proposed settlement, which has not been finalized, $30 million would be paid to the plaintiffs — which includes former employees of Weinstein Co. — and $14 million would go to pay legal fees, with the funds coming from insurance policies, The Wall Street Journal reported.
“For the first time, as of yesterday…we now have an economic agreement in principle that is supported by the plaintiffs, the [New York attorney general’s] office, the defendants and all of the insurers,” said Adam Harris, a lawyer for studio co-founder Bob Weinstein, to Judge Mary Walrath of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Del, according to the paper.
The agreement comes 19 months after allegations against Weinstein first surfaced and rocked the entertainment industry.
A Pastor Preached John 3:16: The Government Called It a Crime
Dem Senate Candidate Graham Platner Once Delighted in Clip of Purple Heart Veteran Being Shot and Almost Killed
Legal expert unleashes on Spanberger’s new executive order targeting ICE: ‘Political theater’
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran
First, the Strait of Hormuz — what choke point could be next?
Colorado Democrats formally censure Gov Polis over Tina Peters commutation
Brooklyn mother who drowned her three children in the ocean near Coney Island sentenced to decades in prison
Former DOJ prosecutor charged with stealing confidential Jack Smith investigation documents about Trump
String of burglaries rocking LA residential area committed by South American gangs, DA says
Illegal immigrant truck driver from India arrested in deadly California hit-and-run after Biden release
Texas man arrested after allegedly driving Tesla Cybertruck into lake to test ‘Wade Mode’: police
Vanessa Trump Reveals Scary ‘Personal Health Update’
Trump owns the GOP. Could Republicans pay the price in the midterms?
Owner of daycare in viral Nick Shirley video charged in $4.6M daycare fraud scheme, prosecutors say
Woman Pleads Guilty to Murder of Girl, 2, After Police Find Grisly Box Hidden in Back of Closet
Dozens of women — including actresses Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan and Paz de la Huerta — accused to Hollywood bigwig of rape, assault and verbal abuse over many years, the Los Angeles Times reported. The allegations gave rise to the #MeToo movement and started the debate over workplace harassment.
A spokesperson for Weinstein declined to comment to the Journal. Advisers to Weinstein Co. — which filed for bankruptcy last year– still need to approve the deal. If finalized, the deal would resolve a civil rights lawsuit filed by the New York attorney general’s office last year that accuses Weinstein Co.’s executives and board of failing to protect employees from a hostile work environment and Mr. Weinstein’s sexual misconduct, according to the paper.
Weinstein still faces criminal charges of rape and other sex crimes in New York. He is expected to go on trial in September.
Story cited here.









