International News Opinons Politics

Harry and Meghan Don’t Want To Live in LA Until Trump Leaves Office

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may be coming to America — but not until President Trump is out of office, a report said Sunday.
After their Megxit deal gets hashed out, the Daily Mail reported that the couple plan on living in Canada and eventually find a home and business in Los Angeles.
“It’s by no means an immediate thing but there is a long-term plan to end up back in the US with a second home in Canada, where they will also spend a great deal of time,” the source said.
But Markle, 38, has said she won’t move back while Trump is president, according to the Mail, citing her friends.
Ahead of the 2016 election, and before she married 35-year-old Harry, the former actress blasted Trump as divisive and misogynist on Comedy Central’s “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore.”
She said at the time that she was considering remaining in Toronto, where she filmed the USA Network’s “Suits,” if Trump won.
During Trump’s state visit to the UK in June, he was asked about Markle’s comments and lashed back that “I didn’t know that she was nasty.”
He later clarified he meant the comments were nasty.


State of play: What to know about California showdown to replace Swalwell after massive scandal
Former state rep tops ranked-choice slugfest as Alaska advances nominees for governor
America’s reddest state crowns GOP governor nominee
Democrats pick their fighter for uphill bid to flip deep-red Senate seat
69 live animals found stuffed in pillowcases in hidden car compartment after border arrest: Feds
Prosecutors hammer Tyler Robinson’s bid to derail death penalty in Charlie Kirk murder case
Never-Trump Republican is top Dem choice in crucial Florida primary
Trump’s support doesn’t save scandal-plagued lawmaker in primary
Pearl-Clutching Progressives Destroyed Political Discourse
Humiliation: Harry and Meghan’s Movie Defeated by Cat Video Compilation … Despite Opening in Almost 2x as Many Theaters
This Airline Will Now Start Charging Passengers for Space in Overhead Compartments
Trump admin scores court win to end deportation protections for Ethiopian migrants
Prosecutor corners Lindsay Clancy’s Catholic mother-in-law with ‘mortal sin’ question
Two planes blow tires while landing at major US airport hours apart, FAA investigating
Anti-socialism push can flip battlegrounds, Republican leader bets as party fights to hold House

See also  Appeals court upholds limits on warrantless ICE arrests at churches

 

Neither Markle — who was on maternity leave after giving birth to the couple’s son Archie — or Harry made an appearance at the state banquet at Buckingham Palace during the visit. Harry did, however, attend a royal luncheon with Trump and first lady Melania Trump.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex dropped a bombshell last week when they announced plans to step back from their jobs as full-time royals, live in North America part-time, and attempt to financially support themselves.
“The couple used the words North America in their statement about where they planned to live deliberately. It doesn’t pin them down to any one place,” the source told the Mail.
Markle grew up in Los Angeles and her mother, Doria Ragland, still lives there.
Story cited here.
Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter