As Michiganders continue to defy her orders, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer lashed out at residents on Monday, saying the coronavirus lockdown is “not optional.”
Whitmer was asked about business owners and residents “doubting” her authority to enforce executive orders.
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer: "These executive orders are not a suggestion. They're not optional. They're not helpful hints." pic.twitter.com/ImffRfwPyb
— The Hill (@thehill) May 11, 2020
She claimed to know how “frustrating” the situation is, before cautioning “I expect people to follow the law.
“These executive orders are not a suggestion. They’re not optional. They’re not helpful hints.”
Antisemitism fight explodes in Florida as voters head to the polls: ‘Political pogrom’
Lindsay Clancy’s family was ‘very concerned’ about her mental health in the months before she killed her kids
White House tears into Ossoff with brutal takedown after jab at key Trump aide: ‘Lightweight loser’
WNBA Forced to Issue Another Humiliating Response After Mom, Daughter Made to Cover Pro-Girl Shirts Opposing Trans Players in Women’s Sports
ICE Nabs Twice-Deported, Previously Convicted Drug Trafficker with 126 Kilos of Meth in Georgia
Iran fails to strike deal with US as deadline passes and Trump calls for ‘white flag of surrender’
Democrat Party’s civil war heads to Florida, Alaska and Wyoming and more top headlines
[4] Massachusetts Mayor Charged in Alleged $1.5 Million Pandemic-Era Loan Fraud And Money Laundering Scheme
Hunter’s Perfect Shot Provides Not Just Community Service But Massive Load of Barbecue
Trump endorses replacement GOP nominee Jennifer Balkcom after Chuck Edwards ends re-election bid
A Democrat’s apology hasn’t calmed the transgender rights fight raging in Massachusetts Senate primary
Socialist insurgency storms Trump’s backyard, with pro-Israel Democrats in crosshairs
Troy Jackson, now pushing affordability message, voted to raise taxes in Maine
Appeals court rules Trump admin unlawfully appointed Nevada’s top federal prosecutor
DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favoring minority students
Owosso barber Karl Manke has become a like folk hero in the movement to reopen the state. The 77-year-old Manke has refused to close his shop, despite repeated orders to do so.
“He just wants to work,” Manke’s attorney, David Kallman, said, according to the Lansing State Journal.
“And he wants to do it in a safe and responsible way.”
The Michigan attorney general sought a temporary retraining order against Manke on behalf of Whitmer, but was denied by a Shiawassee County judge.
Circuit Court Judge Matthew Stewart refused to sign the order before a hearing.
Meanwhile, Shiawassee County Sheriff Brian BeGole said his department would not enforce Whitmer’s orders.
The Sheriff of Shiawassee County has publicly announced his department will not enforce the Governor's current executive orders! This is the county where Karl the Barber Manke's shop is located. We are going to win this fight.#StandUpMichigan pic.twitter.com/0c7PiOGMbd
— Garrett Soldano (@GarrettSoldano) May 11, 2020
Antisemitism fight explodes in Florida as voters head to the polls: ‘Political pogrom’
Lindsay Clancy’s family was ‘very concerned’ about her mental health in the months before she killed her kids
White House tears into Ossoff with brutal takedown after jab at key Trump aide: ‘Lightweight loser’
WNBA Forced to Issue Another Humiliating Response After Mom, Daughter Made to Cover Pro-Girl Shirts Opposing Trans Players in Women’s Sports
ICE Nabs Twice-Deported, Previously Convicted Drug Trafficker with 126 Kilos of Meth in Georgia
Iran fails to strike deal with US as deadline passes and Trump calls for ‘white flag of surrender’
Democrat Party’s civil war heads to Florida, Alaska and Wyoming and more top headlines
[4] Massachusetts Mayor Charged in Alleged $1.5 Million Pandemic-Era Loan Fraud And Money Laundering Scheme
Hunter’s Perfect Shot Provides Not Just Community Service But Massive Load of Barbecue
Trump endorses replacement GOP nominee Jennifer Balkcom after Chuck Edwards ends re-election bid
A Democrat’s apology hasn’t calmed the transgender rights fight raging in Massachusetts Senate primary
Socialist insurgency storms Trump’s backyard, with pro-Israel Democrats in crosshairs
Troy Jackson, now pushing affordability message, voted to raise taxes in Maine
Appeals court rules Trump admin unlawfully appointed Nevada’s top federal prosecutor
DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favoring minority students
“With limited resources, staffing and facilities, our priority focus will be on enforcing duly passed laws for the protection of Shiawassee County citizens,” BeGole wrote in a public letter.
“I have decided, within my authority, that our office cannot and will not divert our primary resources and efforts towards enforcement of the Governor Whitmer’s executive orders.”
Story cited here.









