News Opinons Politics

Gabbard Hits Clinton with Her Own Words After Lawsuit Refusal: ‘No One Is Above the Law’

A defamation lawsuit against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is finally going forward, and it looks like all it took was some good old-fashioned media shaming and some of Clinton’s own words being used against her.

Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard filed the suit after Clinton accused the Hawaiian representative of being a “Russian asset” last year.

The Clinton camp at first appeared to throw its all into rejecting the lawsuit, with Secret Service agents and Clinton’s lawyer both turning away a process server attempting to deliver court documents.


After copious media coverage of Clinton’s refusal to accept the lawsuit, it appears things took a major turn Thursday.

“Today, after the media picked up this story, Ms. Clinton’s lawyer changed course and agreed to accept service,” Brian Dunne, an attorney for Gabbard, told Fox News.


CNN, After Bleeding Millions of Viewers, Rolls Out Documentary Targeting Patriotic Christians
Trump orders complete withdrawal of all troops from Syria within two months: report
US-Iran conflict: All sides brace for war as ‘nothing burger’ nuclear negotiations prove fruitless
Watch: Trump Posts Loving Tribute to Rush Limbaugh on Fifth Anniversary of His Death, Says ‘There Will Never Be Another Rush Limbaugh’
Missile defense race shifts to space as experts say real battle is in first minutes after launch
FBI Director Patel says investigators have found antifa funding sources
Border protocols automatically triggered in search for Nancy Guthrie, retired agent says
FBI joins probe in murder of Christian teacher shot in Ohio home as ‘American Idol’ husband, children slept
Report: Legacy Media ‘Journalist’ Caught Giving Marco Rubio the Finger During Press Conference
Obama and Susan Rice Reportedly ‘Broke Down and Cried’ After Trump’s 2016 Win
Mamdani plan pours millions into ‘racial equity’ offices and six-figure diversity jobs, cuts 5,000 NYPD jobs
Netflix faces consumer lawsuit as Warner Bros. merger scrutiny mounts
Bernie Sanders heads to California to rally support for the billionaire wealth tax
Duffy gives Illinois 30-day ultimatum after audit finds 1 in 5 noncitizen truck licenses issued illegally
Nigel Farage appoints JD Vance’s ‘British sherpa’ as head of policy for Reform UK

See also  George Santos demands Nancy Mace list names in Epstein case: ‘So done with the theatrics’

“We would have preferred that Ms. Clinton just accept federal judicial process in the first instance, without having to be called out by the press, but in any event, Tulsi Gabbard’s lawsuit against her will now be moving forward,” Dunne said.

Gabbard, who was at a New Hampshire campaign event that day, reportedly had not heard the lawsuit was finally moving forward when she tore into Clinton.

“The latest that I’ve heard is that it’s what’s been reported, that she has refused to be served the documents related to the lawsuit,” Gabbard said. “I think this is unfortunate, you know. No one is above the law.” (Emphasis added.)

The congresswoman appeared to be using Clinton’s own words against her there.

“In America, no one is above the law,” the two-time failed Democratic presidential candidate wrote on Twitter in December.

Instead of urging others to keep herself accountable, Clinton was calling on national lawmakers to impeach President Donald Trump.


CNN, After Bleeding Millions of Viewers, Rolls Out Documentary Targeting Patriotic Christians
Trump orders complete withdrawal of all troops from Syria within two months: report
US-Iran conflict: All sides brace for war as ‘nothing burger’ nuclear negotiations prove fruitless
Watch: Trump Posts Loving Tribute to Rush Limbaugh on Fifth Anniversary of His Death, Says ‘There Will Never Be Another Rush Limbaugh’
Missile defense race shifts to space as experts say real battle is in first minutes after launch
FBI Director Patel says investigators have found antifa funding sources
Border protocols automatically triggered in search for Nancy Guthrie, retired agent says
FBI joins probe in murder of Christian teacher shot in Ohio home as ‘American Idol’ husband, children slept
Report: Legacy Media ‘Journalist’ Caught Giving Marco Rubio the Finger During Press Conference
Obama and Susan Rice Reportedly ‘Broke Down and Cried’ After Trump’s 2016 Win
Mamdani plan pours millions into ‘racial equity’ offices and six-figure diversity jobs, cuts 5,000 NYPD jobs
Netflix faces consumer lawsuit as Warner Bros. merger scrutiny mounts
Bernie Sanders heads to California to rally support for the billionaire wealth tax
Duffy gives Illinois 30-day ultimatum after audit finds 1 in 5 noncitizen truck licenses issued illegally
Nigel Farage appoints JD Vance’s ‘British sherpa’ as head of policy for Reform UK

See also  John Fetterman says he refuses to engage in ‘sexist garbage’

Of course, as the serving of court documents to Clinton proves, a nation ruled by laws does not allow for exceptions.

The lawsuit is seeking a whopping $50 million for Clinton’s statements, which hinted that Gabbard was a Russian plant seeking to destabilize the Democratic Party’s chances at winning the White House.

Clinton infamously made similar accusations of Russian connections after losing the 2016 election to Trump.

Now, she soon could be forced to defend her delusions of Russian agents in a court of law, something that has not gone over well for others in similar situations.

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter