Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti threatened “non-essential” businesses Tuesday that if they do not obey the city’s “stay at home” order to close during the pandemic crises, he will cut off their water and their electricity.
Speaking at his daily briefing, the mayor described his new enforcement initiative (via KTLA 5):
The mayor went on to announce the “business ambassadors program” — an effort to get nonessential businesses to close.
“This behavior is irresponsible and selfish,” he said of those that remain open.
He said the Department of Water and Power will shut off services for the businesses that don’t comply with the “safer at home” ordinance.
Neighborhood prosecutors will implement safety measures and will contact the businesses before issuing further action, according to Garcetti.
AOC tells New Yorkers to ‘pull up’ to Alabama during rally speech behind bulletproof glass
White House Shooter Dead After Secret Service Returned Fire
Feds subpoena Hasan Piker, Medea Benjamin over Cuba trips
BREAKING: White House Lawn Evacuated – Shots Fired – VIDEO
Gunman dead after opening fire near White House checkpoint, Secret Service says
Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’ as 84-day war nears possible end
Newsom declares state of emergency in Orange County as failing chemical tank nears catastrophic explosion
Breaking: US-Iran Peace Deal Nearly Reached
RFK Jr announces ‘largest autism fraud bust in American history’ with $46.6M Medicaid scheme indictment
US Army hits 2026 recruiting goals four months early, Pete Hegseth announces at West Point commencement
Breaking: Kyle Busch’s Family Reveals Cause of Death
EXCLUSIVE: Trump-backed military vet mocked for disability ahead of Memorial Day: ‘Most shameful thing’
What One Illinois Town Says About The Current State Of America
Instant Noodle Product Recalled After Life-Threatening Allergens Detected
Castro indictment fuels speculation Trump may be reviving Maduro playbook against Cuba
“The easiest way to avoid a visit is to follow the rules,” he said.
Though the streets of the city have largely been deserted, some people have been going to work. Some retail stores remain open; construction continues on unfinished homes; and gardeners continue to tend to yards and lawns.
Last week, Garcetti announced that several thousand homeless people would be moved into recreation centers in residential areas to help protect the homeless from coronavirus — though some have worried they will be more likely to contract the illness indoors, where “social distancing” is difficult despite six-foot separations between beds.
Garcetti has also “impressed” city employees to work at the shelters and elsewhere as “Disaster Service Workers.”
Story cited here.









