President Donald Trump reacted to a series of missile strikes on American targets in Iraq on Tuesday.
“All is well!” Trump wrote, noting that the United States was still assessing casualties and damages at the two military bases attacked in Iraq. “So far, so good!”
The Pentagon confirmed Tuesday evening that Iran launched more than a dozen missiles against the United States military in Iraq but did not report any American casualties.
Trump again reminded the world that the United States had the most powerful military in the world.
“We have the most powerful and well-equipped military anywhere in the world, by far!” he wrote.
Hollywood Legend Becomes Latest Billionaire to Flee California
The Golden Girls: US Women Thrive on the Ice at the Winter Olympics
6 mothers who ‘cherished time together’ among victims in avalanche near Lake Tahoe
Woman charged with animal abandonment after leaving dog tied at JetBlue counter at Las Vegas airport
Documents show Epstein received pitch for properties housing Pentagon, FBI tenants after 2008 conviction
Buttigieg, Newsom, AOC top three in new 2028 poll in key presidential primary state
College student dies in tragic ski accident at Wisconsin resort, marking second death within a month
Red state auditor’s report flags Democratic governor’s ‘concerning’ spending on ‘luxury’ expenditures
Trump’s NIH director isn’t the only official wearing multiple hats during the president’s second term
Apple iCloud accused of failing to stop ‘child porn’ in West Virginia lawsuit
Colbert Follows Up FCC ‘Equal Time’ Fiasco by Sitting Down with Liberal Senator Who’s Up for Re-election
Judge overstepped by ordering Mark Zaid’s security clearance restored: DOJ
Cambodian PM says Thai forces occupying disputed land despite Trump-brokered ceasefire
Chilling: 2 Different AIs Are Willing to Slaughter Every Person With Traditional Values to Avoid Offending a Single Trans Person – and It Gets Even Worse
Colbert Catastrophe: FEC Urged to Investigate After Host Lies About Censorship, Raising Millions for Crockett Opponent
Despite early reports that the president would address the nation Tuesday evening, refuted by the White House, Trump stated that he would address the attacks on Wednesday.
“I will be making a statement tomorrow morning,” he wrote.
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020
Trump met with top national security officials at the White House as the attacks took place on Tuesday night, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, and Vice President Mike Pence.
Hollywood Legend Becomes Latest Billionaire to Flee California
The Golden Girls: US Women Thrive on the Ice at the Winter Olympics
6 mothers who ‘cherished time together’ among victims in avalanche near Lake Tahoe
Woman charged with animal abandonment after leaving dog tied at JetBlue counter at Las Vegas airport
Documents show Epstein received pitch for properties housing Pentagon, FBI tenants after 2008 conviction
Buttigieg, Newsom, AOC top three in new 2028 poll in key presidential primary state
College student dies in tragic ski accident at Wisconsin resort, marking second death within a month
Red state auditor’s report flags Democratic governor’s ‘concerning’ spending on ‘luxury’ expenditures
Trump’s NIH director isn’t the only official wearing multiple hats during the president’s second term
Apple iCloud accused of failing to stop ‘child porn’ in West Virginia lawsuit
Colbert Follows Up FCC ‘Equal Time’ Fiasco by Sitting Down with Liberal Senator Who’s Up for Re-election
Judge overstepped by ordering Mark Zaid’s security clearance restored: DOJ
Cambodian PM says Thai forces occupying disputed land despite Trump-brokered ceasefire
Chilling: 2 Different AIs Are Willing to Slaughter Every Person With Traditional Values to Avoid Offending a Single Trans Person – and It Gets Even Worse
Colbert Catastrophe: FEC Urged to Investigate After Host Lies About Censorship, Raising Millions for Crockett Opponent
Pence also spoke with members of Congressional leadership during the attacks, at the president’s direction, according to the White House.
Vice President Pence was briefed on Iran’s attacks on bases hosting U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq. The VP has been in continuous contact with the entire national security team and, at the President’s direction, VP Pence completed calls to Congressional leadership.
— Katie Waldman (@VPPressSec) January 8, 2020
Despite receiving a call from Pence, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would “call him back,” as she was too busy at the time to take a call from the vice president, according to reports.
Hollywood Legend Becomes Latest Billionaire to Flee California
The Golden Girls: US Women Thrive on the Ice at the Winter Olympics
6 mothers who ‘cherished time together’ among victims in avalanche near Lake Tahoe
Woman charged with animal abandonment after leaving dog tied at JetBlue counter at Las Vegas airport
Documents show Epstein received pitch for properties housing Pentagon, FBI tenants after 2008 conviction
Buttigieg, Newsom, AOC top three in new 2028 poll in key presidential primary state
College student dies in tragic ski accident at Wisconsin resort, marking second death within a month
Red state auditor’s report flags Democratic governor’s ‘concerning’ spending on ‘luxury’ expenditures
Trump’s NIH director isn’t the only official wearing multiple hats during the president’s second term
Apple iCloud accused of failing to stop ‘child porn’ in West Virginia lawsuit
Colbert Follows Up FCC ‘Equal Time’ Fiasco by Sitting Down with Liberal Senator Who’s Up for Re-election
Judge overstepped by ordering Mark Zaid’s security clearance restored: DOJ
Cambodian PM says Thai forces occupying disputed land despite Trump-brokered ceasefire
Chilling: 2 Different AIs Are Willing to Slaughter Every Person With Traditional Values to Avoid Offending a Single Trans Person – and It Gets Even Worse
Colbert Catastrophe: FEC Urged to Investigate After Host Lies About Censorship, Raising Millions for Crockett Opponent
In meeting tonight Speaker Pelosi was handed a note telling her VP Pence was on the phone.
“Tell him I’ll call him back,” she said according to sources in room, noting she had to go open the House for new session.
Two minutes later, she was handed note about air base bombing.
— Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) January 7, 2020
A Pelosi spokesman confirmed to reporters that the Speaker did call Pence back later in the evening and was briefed on the attack.
Story cited here.









