International News Southern Border

Donald Trump Announces Tom Homan as ‘Border Czar’

President Donald Trump announced Friday that former Acting Director of ICE Tom Homan would be the new immigration czar for his administration.

Trump broke the news during a morning phone conversation with Fox and Friends.

The president said that Homan would take a “border czar” position and would report directly to him.


“He’ll be a border czar, he’ll be very much involved with the border, he’ll be reporting directly to me, he’ll be probably be working out of the White House but probably spending a lot of time at the border,” Trump said. “He’s a good man. Done a good job.”
Homan served as the acting director of ICE in the Trump administration in 2017 before he joined Fox News Channel as a contributor in August 2018.


WATCH: Father of three outraged over advice his family received amid trans teacher fight
Dem Senate hopeful racked up hundreds of missed votes during stops at multiple taxpayer serving jobs
New York Times Ordered to Pay College Basketball Player $9.25 Million for Defamation
College Costs Surge 10% Higher Than Last Year, New Report Shows 
A Bayh-gone era for Indiana Democrats?
Scharf edge for the Trump administration
Skip the summer’s woke dinosaur movie, ‘The End of Oak Street’
Senator launches assault on illegal immigration gaps as GOP races midterm clock to lock in key wins
EXCLUSIVE: 5-time illegal entrant admits ‘mistake’ that finally got him busted by ICE
Missing New York grandmother found dead near Las Vegas airport after mysterious Bitcoin texts
Trump to honor Artemis II astronauts who traveled farther from Earth than any humans in history
Trump fires back after protester interrupts Myrtle Beach rally for Graham: ‘Mom is voting for us’
More Westerners Waking up to Islam as Gov’t Bans Face Coverings, Leaving Both Muslims and (Ironically) Feminists Angry
Trump rally security ejects protester wearing ‘kill your local pedophile’ shirt
Candace Cameron Bure Tears Up on Air Over Constant Criticism, But God Provided a Literally Perfect Smile Through the Pain
See also  US threatens Belgian university over suspension of academic who exposed Jason Arday fraud

Trump also said he was not committed to nominating Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan to take the job full time.

“He is doing a very nice job, we’re going to see, I’ve got to get used to him, because its a very important thing to me, the border,” he said.

Trump noted that he was bringing in other “tough” people to handle immigration, such as Mark Morgan to lead ICE and Ken Cuccinelli at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

“Ken Cuccinelli just took over, he’s fantastic, he’s as tough as you get, he’s smart,” Trump said.

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter