Over a dozen coronavirus-stricken Americans who were flown back to the United States with others who tested negative for the deadly illness were transported against the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), according to a Thursday report.
Earlier this week, 14 Americans with the virus flew stateside along with around 300 others after they were evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama, Japan.
Upon confirmation of the cases, the State Department and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) officials opted to greenlight the fight despite CDC objecting to the move amid concerns of the disease spreading on the aircraft, the Washington Post reported.
In a statement, both agencies explain the rationale behind returning the infected Americans home, but left out the CDC’s advice against the m0ve. The federal public health agency requested that it be removed from the explanation.
The statement read:
Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case ‘ridiculously rare’ says law enforcement source
New Mexico mother accused of drowning newborn in portable toilet after giving birth
Department of War transports next-generation reactor in nuclear energy milestone
Schumer says Dems will fight voter ID push ‘tooth and nail,’ balks at DHS role in elections
Hillary Clinton clashes with Czech leader over Trump policies at Munich security conference
Woman allegedly steals bus from elementary school parking lot, goes on late night ride
The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe
Campus Radicals Newsletter: Antifa-linked group tells students to mobilize, college students fake disabilities
SpaceX Launches New Crew to Space Station After Medical Evacuation
Media Whines About Irish Man Held by ICE, But Here’s Why He’s Really in Trouble
California Exodus Takes a Huge Leap Forward as Citizens Flock to Las Vegas to Avoid New Tax Hike
NBC Issues Apology for Calling Female Olympic Skier ‘She’
Newsom Gives $90 Million in ‘Emergency’ Funds to Planned Parenthood
US Kill Total on Drug Boats Hits 133 as Strike Takes Out 3 More ‘Narco-Terrorists’ in Caribbean
Trump announces $5 billion pledge in Gaza aid from Board of Peace members
These individuals were moved in the most expeditious and safe manner to a specialized containment area on the evacuation aircraft to isolate them in accordance with standard protocols. Every precaution to ensure proper isolation and community protection measures are being taken, driven by the most up-to-date risk assessments by U.S. health authorities.
The 14 infected evacuees were transported to Travis Air Force Base in California and Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. Thirteen of them were then transferred to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment.
“Those who have tested positive for this novel coronavirus, are only showing mild symptoms of the disease,” Nebraska Medicine said in a statement.
Story cited here.









