CNN laid off almost all of its health care coverage division Tuesday, in a move the network called a “crazy rumor” less than three weeks ago.
While Dr. Sanjay Gupta is expected to keep his job, most of the rest of the division, based out of Atlanta, were released.
Fox News reported:
TVNewser, a media watchdog site started by CNN’s Brian Stelter, managed to get confirmation from the network — just in time for a Friday news dump.
“As part of the normal course of business, our newsgathering team made a small restructure earlier this week that ultimately impacts 6-7 employees within CNN’s Health Unit,” a CNN spokesperson told TVNewser’s A.J. Katz.
Many health department staffers met with human resources on Tuesday. Katz noted that correspondent Elizabeth Cohen is also safe.
Media Pushes New Pandemic – CBS News Rolls Out Fear Campaign Over Ebola Outbreak with ‘No Vaccine, No Treatment’
Jeanine Pirro Threatens Parents After Wild Teens Create Disturbing Scene in D.C. Restaurant
Pelosi intervenes in Democratic race to succeed her
Michigan Senate hopeful courting progressives entertains Iron Dome for Palestinians
Civil liberty advocates sue blue state over ‘show your papers’ gun law
Retired Austin cop tears into leftist city council for stripping police of key tools before shooting rampage
Trump Says He Canceled 11th-Hour Iran Bombing at Request of Saudi Leaders Amid New Peace Talks
Supreme Court Bluntly Swats Down Virginia Dems’ Power Grab
DHS, War Dept join probe into Singham network allegedly sowing discord in US
New York’s ‘wrong-headed’ defendant-friendly laws helped toss Mangione evidence: retired cop
‘Unelected mayor of DC’: Trump continues Washington makeover despite backlash
Los Angeles School District Pivots Away from Denying Equal Treatment to Student Bible Club
Poland seeks answers after Pentagon scraps planned US armored brigade rotation
Blue-state tax burden fuels Americans fleeing to Republican-led southern states
An unburdened Bill Cassidy doesn’t regret Trump impeachment vote after primary loss
Katz told Fox News that three divisions—CNN Health, CNN Climate, and the network’s Atlanta-based Southeast Bureau—will be combined into one.
Employees are “shocked,” Fox News reported, because CNN Health “is considered successful” and the network had just firmly denied layoff rumors earlier this month. In fact, executive vice president Allison Gollust told Fox News on May 7 that there were “no mass layoffs” in the works.
“I have no idea where that crazy rumor came from,” she said. “We have recently offered a voluntary buyout option for employees, and just over 100 people voluntarily decided to take it. That’s it. We have nearly 4,000 people at CNN … and around 100 of them exercised the option for a program that was offered. That’s it. Those are the facts.”
Interestingly, an anonymous media figure told The Daily Wire that the unit was “one of the few departments that wasn’t focused on anti-Trump stuff.”
Story cited here.









