International News Opinons Politics Survival & Outdoors Trade

China Instructs U.S. to ‘Correct Its Mistakes’ and Think Proper Thoughts About Coronavirus Origins

China censured the U.S. Wednesday for its “incorrect” characterization of the global coronavirus pandemic as Chinese in origin as it re-asserted the “right” to expel three American newspaper journalists and bar them even from working in nearby Hong Kong.

Beijing’s foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang delivered a series of instructions for the U.S. from the Communist state at a regular press briefing, saying it would not hesitate to take further action against U.S. media and journalists in China if the United States did not “correct its mistakes.”

“The U.S. has said that all options are on the table. Today, I can also tell the U.S. that all options are on the table for China,” Geng said.


The foreign ministry maintained American citizens working for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post with credentials expiring before the end of the year must surrender their press cards within 10 days.

As Breitbart News reported, Beijing flagged the move Tuesday saying it would ban American citizen journalists from several mainstream publications from working in China, claiming it represented a “reciprocal” measure to the U.S. State Department limiting Chinese state media staff to 100 Chinese nationals per media outlet.


Josh Shapiro tests political clout in Pennsylvania primary
Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say
Austin police arrest 2 juveniles allegedly linked to 12 random shootings injuring 4 people
Trump reads Bible as thousands pack National Mall for America 250 prayer rally
Attorney for man accused of throwing rock at endangered Hawaiian monk seal says client was protecting turtles
Faith and government leaders celebrate US as ‘One Nation Under God’ at Rededicate 250
Sean Spicer-linked group makes case for Trump to seniors before midterm elections
Two Navy jets crash midair as crew successfully ejects during Idaho military base air show
Blue State May Have Slipped Up While Defending Its Ammo Ban
Republican Lawmaker Crashes Woke Church’s Gun Buyback Scheme With Ingenious Play
Trump warns Iran’s ‘clock is ticking’: Move ‘fast’ or ‘there won’t be anything left’
Dad Innocently Opens Lid to Weird, Old Bottle – Moments Later the Ground’s on Fire, the Bomb Squad’s Coming, and He’s Headed to the Hospital
Taiwan’s president says island ‘will never be sacrificed or traded’ in stern rebuke of China
Six Found Dead in Cargo Boxcar at Union Pacific Yard in Border Town: Police
Fox News’s Kayleigh McEnany on faith, family, and career

See also  Trump and Cabinet officials welcomed by Xi at China’s Great Hall of the People

China’s move accelerated a tit-for-tat between Beijing and Washington over press freedom, raised questions about Hong Kong’s autonomy under a one country, two systems” agreement that prevails between the former U.K. territory and the mainland.

But under Hong Kong’s Basic Law, as its mini constitution is known, Beijing is ultimately responsible for foreign affairs and defense in the former British colony, Reuters reports.

Geng said the expulsions were in response to U.S. actions and the decision to oust them, and block them from Hong Kong, fell under Beijing’s diplomatic purvue.

The Trump administration designated five Chinese state media outlets — Xinhua, China Daily, Hai Tian Development USA, China Global Television Network (CGTN), and China Radio International — “foreign missions” last month because their purpose is not to share news but to promote the agenda of the Communist Party.

“Unlike foreign media organizations in China, these entities are not independent news organizations,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in February, explaining the limits on the number of Chinese propagandists allowed to operate in the United States.


Josh Shapiro tests political clout in Pennsylvania primary
Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say
Austin police arrest 2 juveniles allegedly linked to 12 random shootings injuring 4 people
Trump reads Bible as thousands pack National Mall for America 250 prayer rally
Attorney for man accused of throwing rock at endangered Hawaiian monk seal says client was protecting turtles
Faith and government leaders celebrate US as ‘One Nation Under God’ at Rededicate 250
Sean Spicer-linked group makes case for Trump to seniors before midterm elections
Two Navy jets crash midair as crew successfully ejects during Idaho military base air show
Blue State May Have Slipped Up While Defending Its Ammo Ban
Republican Lawmaker Crashes Woke Church’s Gun Buyback Scheme With Ingenious Play
Trump warns Iran’s ‘clock is ticking’: Move ‘fast’ or ‘there won’t be anything left’
Dad Innocently Opens Lid to Weird, Old Bottle – Moments Later the Ground’s on Fire, the Bomb Squad’s Coming, and He’s Headed to the Hospital
Taiwan’s president says island ‘will never be sacrificed or traded’ in stern rebuke of China
Six Found Dead in Cargo Boxcar at Union Pacific Yard in Border Town: Police
Fox News’s Kayleigh McEnany on faith, family, and career

See also  Faith and government leaders celebrate US as ‘One Nation Under God’ at Rededicate 250

At the time, China branded the restrictions a “ridiculous war against Chinese media.”

Geng earlier said the United States needs to cease directing “unwarranted accusations” at China, a day after U.S. President Donald Trump described the new strain of coronavirus as the “Chinese Virus” on Twitter.

“Some U.S. political figures have recently been connecting the coronavirus with China,” Geng warned. “We express strong indignation and objection to such stigmatization.”

The official Chinese spokesman said describing the coronavirus as Chinese violates principles set out by various international agencies, although he declined to name them or point to their direct warning against ever publicly criticizing Communist China.

Geng also took the opportunity to attack the U.S. response to the pandemic that first started in the southern China city of Wuhan.

“As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads and worsens all over the world, the urgent task for the international community is to respond with aggressive and concerted efforts,” he said.

“The United States should get its domestic issues handled first.”

Story cited here.

Share this article:
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter